With the warm Colorado sun warming me through window at Boulder’s local tea shop – Pekoe Sip House – I sit this morning, (with my Mate Latte) and start to clear off my emails from the past month.
My email is, as usual, overflowing with my favorite writers and bloggers, and today, almost all themed with the new beginnings of 2016.
The New Year is always full of so many opportunities to renew.
Whether you are a goal setter, a resolution lover, or one who strives to live with intention each day, we are bombarded with hundreds of ways to create a fresh start, even if we are half way through January.
Social media, emails, articles and advertisements are rolling in with a brilliant range of options.
So today, I decided to offer you a perfectly FREE and favorite way of mine to remember #healthisourgreatestwealth.
In the spirit of supporting you in your health goals for the year, whatever they may be, I want to share with you my top 10 ways to setting up your sacred space, the center of your health, with just a little more mindfulness.
I have found after working for over 12 years in the field of mind-body health and nutrition, that there are a few “set yourself up for success” gems that I want to be sure you know about.
"The CENTER of your HEALTH is in your CONSCIOUSNESS and in your KITCHEN"
Creating sacred space for yourself crafts the energy to expand our visions into in reality.
A sacred space brings forth a container for your coming year of self-care, nourishment and vitality.
Creating a sacred space for our lives and our health can be two fold:
- Living in alignment with our true nature, and our body’s most authentic needs.
- Keeping our thoughts about ourselves supportive, loving, and kind.
My top 10 ways to create sacred space for vibrant life and health:
1. Eat nourishing whole food that is free from processed sugars, additives, preservatives, and refined ingredients.
2. Create mealtime rituals that give you the time to sit down and enjoy a peaceful meal.
3. Craft a positive affirmation about your body.
4. Take some time each day to nurture yourself. Try asking the question: “What can I do to nurture myself today?".
5. Sit peacefully and reflect each morning on how to customize your day to match your health goals, your energy and your to-do list.
6. Listen to your body – it is always your ally.
7. Drop the guilt - I know this one is tough, but living wrought with guilt is even tougher.
8. Give yourself down time each day, leading up to and including a good night sleep.
9. Give yourself permission for pleasure. (all kinds of pleasure)
10. Make YOU your #1 in 2016.